Sunday 19 June 2011

A diamond in the rough...


Excuse the shonky iPhone photos...



This is the Borne, in the Haute Savoie...




I've never paid it a lot of attention before...




Even though I've driven along my local stream a hundred times or more. It's a ditch with a lot of (small) rocks in it. When it rains les chats et chiens it's a ditch with a lot of 20-30cm waves in it. Haven't been moved to get on even once, for the three years I've been moseying past. And then today, I was on my way home from GVA and caught a glimpse. Is this a drop I see before me? So I parked and hiked (like 20m) and lo - there's a kilometre of cool continuous that I never saw from the road. Not killer hard, but good enough to think, hmm... that would be a sweet move! could I punch that hole? if someone swam in that death-eddy could I get them out? And all this after only two days of moderate rain. Very nice...
I'm tempted. I'm not gonna lie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment